Welcome to ORSP’s Data Sharing Resource Center.
The DSRC is here to support University investigators and research administrators with questions about data sharing generally and provide guidance in drafting data sharing plans for proposals, data use agreements, and data management plans particularly for data consortia in which UM is a member or coordinating center.
Center staff will:
- Assist faculty, units and UM administrators with review and development of data sharing plans in proposals, projects
- Assist faculty, units and UM administrators with review and development of data sharing agreements, predominantly for outgoing data.
- Monitor current trends in technology usage, e.g., uses of cloud computing for research data.
- Monitor federal and state regulatory and policy changes affecting research data sharing.
- Review and advising about data sharing considerations in IRB applications.
- Assist with cross-unit data sharing policies, procedures and agreements.
- Educate about and promote best practices for data sharing.
ORSP will coordinate its efforts with the UMHS Compliance office, Information and Technology Services, and the Office of Technology. OTT will continue to assist investigators with the transfer of non-human specimens, data and animals, and data that is being licensed in exchange for royalties.