We are excited to announce a new, streamlined business process for Award Change Requests (ACRs), along with new functionality in the eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM) system. On Monday, November 15, 2021, the paper/PDF Post-Award Change Request (PACR) form process was replaced with a new smartform in eRPM.
How Your Business Process Will Change
You no longer need a separate PDF/Paper document to collect approvals.
- Research Administrators will complete an updated ACR form and route in eRPM.
- Principal Investigators (PIs), as the person responsible for the project, will approve the change in the system.
- New key investigators added on an ACR, will sign the ACR, much like AWDs and PAF.
- Reviewers approve ACRs directly in the system.
- The ACR identification number will be appended to the AWD number, e.g. AWDxxxxx-ACRxxx, rather than ACRxxxxxxxx.
A Few Key Takeaways
- PACRs routed prior to November 12, 2021, will be processed as usual.
- ACRs that were in the state of Draft (i.e., had not been routed) were canceled and will need to be created in the new system.
- ACRs that were in the state of Changes Requested for longer than six months were canceled as part of the November 13 system update.
- Unit Liaisons: If you have administrators in your department who approve ACRs, be sure to add them to the set of Approvers (Reviewers Who Can Sign).
- Investigators and Reviewers will need access to eRPM. See: ITES eRPM Job Aid