From Finance and Research:
The COVID code in M-Pathways tracks incremental costs associated with the COVID-19 outbreak
Additional costs, above and beyond our normal operations, are being incurred across the institution as we ramp up research.
Examples of additional costs
These expenses may include:
- supplies to adhere to health standards and safety protocols required by the State of Michigan and/or imposed by university guidelines (signage, hand sanitizer, disinfectant, plexiglass, etc.);
- COVID testing for students, faculty, and staff.
To assist in tracking these costs, Finance added a new program code, COVID, within M-Pathways.
How using the COVID program code helps
Systematic recording of expenses using the M-Pathways program code, COVID, allows you to track and analyze COVID-related expenses. This also helps the university match these expenses with funding sources as they become available.
How to proceed with using the COVID program code
- Determine what shortcodes your unit has already mapped to the COVID program code. Use those for incremental COVID-19-associated costs.
- Consider if you need to open more shortcodes and map those to the COVID program code in order to support your ability to track these costs.
- If you still need guidance, reach out to either your unit's finance or research administration staff to help get you started.
Remapping past expenditures to the COVID program code
If your unit had already purchased these items without using this COVID program code, please feel free to contact the Shared Services Center (SSC) for assistance in remapping previously recorded transactions as appropriate.
If you have any questions regarding the use of this new program code, please contact Kandie Little, Accounting Operations Senior Manager, via email at email@example.com.
- UMOR - COVID-19 Research Operations
- Shared Services Center
- FAQ for New COVID Program Code
We thank you as you continue to step up and find ways to further the important work of research at the University of Michigan.