You are here
In working with international partners, U-M will maintain the highest standards in pursuit of new knowledge and will comply fully with the federal regulations and guidelines that govern research and scholarship.
Heightened interest and scrutiny at the federal level regarding the risk of potential undue foreign influence compels the University's overall approach to ensure compliance in this area.
The recent addition of questions related to Foreign Components on the proposal approval form (PAF) is one example. Now, the expanded Sign PAF activity and “Other Support” review pilot are additional components.
"International Activities" encompasses both Foreign Components and International Engagements. Here's how to distinguish between the two aspects of International Activities.
- Refers to where this work is happening
- Is project-specific
- Has no regard to who is doing the work
- Resources and Relationships supporting any of a person’s research endeavors
- Doesn’t matter which project
Addressing International Activities in eRPM
- Foreign Components in eRPM under PAF Question (5.13)
- International Engagement in eRPM (2a - 2d)
- Sign PAF/Award Record activities in eRPM
Related Web Pages
- International Research Scholarship and Guidance
- Other Support Reporting (NIH)
- Current and Pending Support (NSF)
- Outside Interest Disclosure