You are here
Following are funding resources managed by UMOR. For a comprehensive, university-wide listing of funding opportunities, visit the U-M Find Funding Portal, hosted and maintained by the U-M Library with content from all units, schools, and colleges.
This page provides information on internal U-M Office of Research (UMOR) resources for finding funding. The process of finding funding is incumbent upon the research project team. There are resources to help you.
- See full list and details of U-M Office of Research's (UMOR's) International Partnerships.
UMOR-Managed Faculty Grants & Awards
- UMOR offers various UMOR-managed Faculty Grants & Awards to support research, scholarship, and creative activities. Areas for support include: Artistic Productions and Performances, Bridging Support, Equipment for Core Facilities, Publication Subvention, Research Maintenance, Small Grants for Major Conferences, and Small Scale and Preliminary Projects.
At University of Michigan (U-M) we typically send out a Call for Intent to Submit communication to ensure there is interest before scheduling and announcing a Limited Submission competition. UMOR staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) mine opportunities and promote them in this communication and ask interested parties to reply if there is interest.
- Sign up for our Weekly Call for Intent to Submit email where we announce all limited submissions
- View individual archives of communications sent announcing Limited Submission opportunities and potential competitions
- Limited Submissions - View current competitions for University of Michigan International Partnerships
Business Engagement (Industry) and Foundation Relations (Non-profit)
- Business Engagement Center - If you're working with a sponsor from the corporate or industry sector, contact BEC.
- Foundation Relations - Find out if the Foundation from which you seek funding is on the list of managed foundations and learn how to work with them.
Other Unique Resources
For a more comprehensive, one-stop shop for funding opportunities (internal and external) please visit funding.research.umich.edu.
References and Resources
- For questions on Limited Submissions, contact Tricia McCain Ebright, (email@example.com) at (734) 936-3933.
- For questions on UMOR-managed Faculty Grants and Awards, contact Tricia McCain Ebright, (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (734) 936-3933.
- For questions on working with private sponsors from Industry, contact the Business Engagement Center.
- For questions on working with Foundations, contact Foundation Relations.