You are here
The process of finding funding is incumbent upon the research project team. You may want to start with the University of Michigan Find Funding Portal, hosted and maintained by the U-M Library with content from all units, schools, and colleges. This page provides information on internal U-M Office of Research (UMOR) resources for finding funding.
See full list and details of UMOR International Partnerships, including:
- Beijing Institute for Collaborative Innovation (BICI) Collaboration: Partnering with Southern University of Science and Technology of China (SUSTech) for translational research funding in engineering, health, science, environmental technologies and other areas.
Berlin Collaborative: Seed funding for pilot research that crosses disciplines within the social and behavioral sciences, as well as engineering and health.
Israel Partnership For Research: U-M partners with the Technion Institute of Technology and the Weizmann Institute of Science to support meritorious research and foster innovation and collaboration among three great academic institutions in biomedical sciences.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Collaboration: Seed funding for collaborative research that will develop new technologies to reduce global carbon emissions and climate impact, while creating biomedical technologies to promote human health
- Social Sciences Annual Institute: support innovative new directions in the social sciences that cut across traditional disciplinary boundaries.
Faculty Grants & Awards
- UMOR offers various Faculty Grants & Awards to support research, scholarship, and creative activities. Areas for support include: Artistic Productions and Performances, Bridging Support, Equipment for Core Facilities, Publication Subvention, Research Maintenance, Small Grants for Major Conferences, and Small Scale and Preliminary Projects.
At University of Michigan (U-M) we typically send out a Call for Intent to Submit communication to ensure there is interest before scheduling and announcing a Limited Submission competition. UMOR staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) mine opportunities and promote them in this communication and ask interested parties to reply if there is interest.
- Sign up for our Weekly Call for Intent to Submit email where we announce all limited submissions
- View individual archives of communications sent announcing Limited Submission opportunities and potential competitions
- Limited Submissions - View current competitions for University of Michigan International Partnerships
Business Engagement (Industry) and Foundation Resources
- Business Engagement Center - If you're working with a sponsor from the corporate or industry sector, contact BEC.
- Foundation Relations - Find out if the Foundation from which you want funding is managed and learn how to work with them.
Other Unique Resources
- ORSP's Sponsor-Specific Resources - Learn more about what is needed from external sponsors.
- MCubed - distributes real-time seed funding to multi-unit teams of faculty engaged in innovative research and scholarship, enabling them to keep pace with the rapid information flow of today’s dynamic research environment.
- The Graham Sustainability Institute offers regular funding opportunities for U-M faculty through the Emerging Opportunities program, the Water Center and the Climate Center.
References and Resources
- For questions on Limited Submissions, contact Tricia McCain Ebright, (email@example.com) at (734) 936-3933.
- For questions on Faculty Grants and Awards, contact Tricia McCain Ebright, (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (734) 936-3933.
- For questions on working with private sponsors from Industry, contact the Business Engagement Center.
- For questions on working with Foundations, contact Foundation Relations.