You are here
We safeguard and advance U-M’s research enterprise by providing our partners with effective and efficient pre-award and non-financial post-award services for the compliant administration of externally sponsored grants, contracts, and ancillary agreements.
We aspire to be recognized within U-M and across the globe as the leading provider of authoritative, innovative, and high value guidance on the conduct of sponsored research and other funded activities.
Our Core Values
We are motivated by the transformative research outcomes we enable, the positive role we play in sustaining U-M’s reputation for excellence, and the knowledge that our efforts are helping to create a better world and a more promising future.
Our Guiding Principles
1. We serve three customers with every transaction. Our success lies in how well we: (a) advocate for our research community in its pursuit of scholarly excellence, (b) protect our university from financial and reputational harm, and (c) help our sponsors achieve their scientific and programmatic goals.
2. We act ethically and with integrity at all times. Upholding this principle is the right thing to do. It promotes the public’s trust in the wisdom of funding research, enables us to responsibly reduce administrative burden and manage risk, and encourages effective research administration throughout U-M.
3. We treat others with kindness, dignity, and respect, and we have a right to expect the same in return. We demonstrate this principle most clearly by how we interact with our colleagues and customers, and how we promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within ORSP and across the U-M research ecosystem.
Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
3003 South State Street
First Floor, Wolverine Tower
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1274
Main Phone: (734) 764-5500 Answered 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Fax: (734) 763-4053, 764-8510
Campus Drop Boxes: For any deliveries to Wolverine Tower, you can use one of the Wolverine Tower Mail Expedited Service drop boxes placed at locations around campus.
ORSP is a unit of the U-M Office of Research.
The ORSP Team
- Assistant Vice President for Research-Sponsored Projects: Craig Reynolds
See full Staff Listing below or use our ORSP Project Representative Lookup Tool.
- Alameddine, Karen - Assistant Managing Project Representative
- Anderson, Andrea - Associate Director for Research-Sponsored Projects
- Baxter, Emily- Assistant Managing Project Representative
- Bohensky, Christy - Project Representative
- Bond, Hilary - Assistant Project Representative
- Buss, Kellie - Senior Project Representative
- Carver, Neil - Training Specialist Senior
- Case, Patrick - Project Representative
- Chadwick, Linda - Assistant Director
- Chie, Katherine - Project Representative
- Cluckey, Raymond - Project Representative
- Colthorp, Constance - Communications Manager
- Curry, Dawn - Administrative Assistant
- Dames, Cindy - Strategic Support Specialist
- DeVries, Christopher - RAAC Project Manager
- DeWitt, Kathryn - Managing Project Representative
- Dickey, Laura - Data and Reporting Manager
- Dill, Debra - Senior Project Representative
- Fyfe, Lyn - Instructural Designer
- Garber, Dan - Project Representative
- Green, Monique - Administrative Assistant
- Haunert, Lark Ann - Assistant Managing Project Representative
- Haynes, Patricia - Senior Project Representative
- Howard, Lizzie - Administrative Assistant Intermediate
- Javarinis, Arielle - Project Representative
- Johnson, Joe - Project Representative
- Jost, Caitlin - Project Representative
- Kennedy, Kullie - Senior Project Representative
- Kiel, Lisa - Executive Secretary
- Kissell, Ashley - Administrative Assistant Intermediate
- Lankton, Ryan - Assistant Managing Project Representative
- Larkin, Tracey - Senior Project Representative
- Longe, Jeffrey - Senior Project Representative
- Marchelletta, Daniela - Project Representative
- Martell, Reynaldo - Project Representative
- McAllister, Mike - Project Representative
- Mulder, David - Program Manager, International Engagement
- Nielsen, Anthony- Assistant Managing Project Representative
- Olivero, Julie- Senior Project Representative
- Paluchniak, Thomas - Project Representative
- Pierce, Emmanuel - Assistant Project Representative
- Reel, Amanda - Assistant Project Representative
- Reynolds, Craig - Assistant Vice President for Research-Sponsored Projects
- Sampson, Karen - Administrative Assistant
- Santoro, Jane - Administrative Assistant
- Schwab, Tracy - Support Staff Manager
- Strzempek, Kate - Award Project Manager
- Timmermans, Rebecca - Project Representative
- Turner, Marie - Administrative Assistant Intermediate
- Vogler, Colleen- Senior Project Representative
- Ward, Eric - Project Representative
- Webb, Amy - Data and Reporting Assistant
- Wenner, Beth- Project Representative
- Wilson, Sabrina - Administrative Assistant
- Woods, Patrick- Managing Project Representative
Sign up for our Newsletter Communications. Be informed of events, broad funding opportunities, news alerts, updates and notification of changes in policies and procedures that affect grants and sponsored projects.
Check the U-M Library's http://funding.
Contact Tricia McCain Ebright at UMORlimitedsubmissions@
You can look up your ORSP Project Representative here.
Jobs and internships are arranged through the academic department or posted on http://careers.umich.edu.
Your first point of contact should be your department's research administrator. You can find that person here: Find a Research Administrator (Blue Pages).
Unfortunately, we cannot accept résumés and applications for graduate programs or research opportunities. Find application materials on the Rackham graduate programs website or follow the employment application procedures on the University of Michigan careers/job postings site. Do check the eligibility requirements for any programs you see. Many summer research opportunities are only available to U.S. Citizens.
Visit the Responsible Conduct page: http://research-
Be sure to register your travel and check any policies here: http://global.umich.edu/
References and Resources
For questions about our staff, please call (734) 764-5500 between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.