You are here
NRSA Childcare Costs
NRSA Childcare Credit Request Form
Download Form (PDF)
Be sure to download it as a local file (rather than filling this out on the website). Then add attachments, sign, amd submit according to the instructions within.
To request payment, submit a completed form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, according to instructions.
The burden of childcare costs can impact one's ability to successfully complete their training and fully participate in the extramural research workforce.
As part of NIH's ongoing efforts to develop programs that support family-friendly research environments, National Research Service Award (NRSA) Fellows and Trainees now have the option to request up to $2,500 per budget period for childcare costs provided by a licensed childcare provider.
To aid in this process at the University of Michigan, we now have a form to request this NRSA support.
- Submit the completed form and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
- The payment will be made in the form of a stipend through Student Financials.
- Submit the completed form as an attachment to the Personnel Action Request (PAR) for payment.
- The payment will be made through payroll as a "FEL" (fellow) additional pay, similar to the monthly stipend.
Receipts must be provided by the end of the fellowship/training grant appointment. Any part of the supplement that is not supported will be returned to NIH.
For more information
- NRSA Stipend Levels and GSRA Max
- NOT-OD-21-074 (NIH website re: Fellowships)
- NOT-OD-21-177 (NIH website for Training Grants)
- Frequently Asked Questions (NIH website)