You are here
Looking for NIH Requirements?
Other Related Resources
- SOP 200.03 Reporting of Other Support (ORSP Website)
- Biosketch (ORSP - Contains guidance and useful checklists)
- U-M Other Support Review Process (REC Website)
See more resources below under References and Resources.
Tip: In some cases, part of this information on Other Support may have already been disclosed in M-Inform. To facilitate completing the Other Support template, the discloser may want to log in to M-Inform and utilize the "Print View" function to view and print all their outside interests.
- Log into M-Inform
- Select the disclosure record from the applicable tab on the home workspace to open the disclosure form.
- Under the Edit Disclosure menu on the left, click Print View
- In the Print View, click Print at the top of the page.
Research investigators need to report Current/Pending Support to funding agencies per NSF and the University of Michigan. See policies related to reporting current and pending support for NSF and other sponsors.
Current and pending support information must be separately provided through use of an NSF-approved format, for each individual designated as senior personnel on the proposal. Current and pending support includes all resources made available to an individual in support of and/or related to all of his/her research efforts, regardless of whether or not they have monetary value. Current and pending support also includes in-kind contributions (such as office/laboratory space, equipment, supplies, employees, students26. In-kind contributions not intended for use on the project/proposal being proposed also must be reported27.
Current and pending support information must be provided for this project, for ongoing projects, and for any proposals currently under consideration from whatever source28, irrespective of whether such support is provided through the proposing organization or is provided directly to the individual.
The total award amount for the entire award period covered (including indirect costs) must be provided, as well as the number of person-months (or partial person-months) per year to be devoted to the project by the individual.
Concurrent submission of a proposal to other organizations will not prejudice its review by NSF, if disclosed.29 If the project (or any part of the project) now being submitted has been funded previously by a source other than NSF, information must be provided regarding the last period of funding.
NSF has also provided helpful FAQ on the subject of Current and Pending Support.
The DoD Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) FY20 General Application Instructions state the following:
PI Previous/Current/Pending Support: This file must be titled “Support_LastName.pdf” where “LastName” is the last name of the PI.
- For all previous (award period of performance ending within the past 5 years), current, and pending research support, include the title, time commitments, supporting agency, name and address of the funding agency’s procuring Contracting/Grants Officer, performance period, level of funding, brief description of the project’s goals, and list of the specific aims. If applicable, identify where the proposed project overlaps with other existing and pending research projects. Clearly state if there is no overlap.
- If there is no previous, current, or pending support, enter “None.” An updated previous, current, and pending support document will be required if an award is recommended for funding.
Current funding application instructions can be found here: https://ebrap.org/eBRAP/public/Program.htm
The Department of Energy (DoE) issued FAL Department of Energy Current and Pending Support Disclosure Requirements for Financial Assistance on June 1, 2022, directing program officers to implement new disclosure requirements for DOE and NNSA awards. Program officers will implement the provisions in new funding announcements effective immediately.
The new provisions include PI certification about the completeness and accuracy of current and pending support, disclosure of past support on an as-needed basis as required in new award announcements, and a reminder about the requirement to disclose participation in foreign talent recruitment programs.
For the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) agency, all research projects or activities requiring a portion of time of the investigator/researcher and key personnel must be included. This includes projects with no salary support. Projects may be funded by Federal, state, local or foreign government agencies, public or private foundations, commercial organizations, etc. Do not include expired awards or rejected proposals.
According to the NASA Guidebook for Proposers: PIs and Co-PIs must provide all ongoing/pending projects and proposals (regardless of salary support) in which they are performing or will perform any part of the work.
References and Resources
For questions about the Other Support reporting process, contact ORSP. Main Phone: (734) 764-5500 answered 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.