You are here
Winter 2017 Program
The American Heart Association ("AHA") has released Winter Research Programs. The science focus of each program relates in some capacity to cardiovascular and stroke research, or to related clinical, basic science, bioengineering or biotechnology, and public health problems, including multidisciplinary efforts. The relevant program names and their associated deadlines are as follows:
|Association-wide Program Names
Sponsor ID: 029000
|ORSP Deadline*||Sponsor Deadline**|
|Predoctoral Fellowship||February 5, 2017*||February 9, 2017 **|
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||February 6, 2017*||February 10, 2017 **|
|Clinical Health Profession Student Training Program||February 5, 2017*||February 9, 2017 **|
|Clinical Scientist Training Program||February 6, 2017*||February 10, 2017 **|
|Mentored Clinical & Population Research Award||February 10, 2017*||February 14, 2017 **|
|Fellow-to-Faculty Transition Award||February 10, 2017*||February 14, 2017 **|
|Scientist Development Grant||February 10, 2017*||February 14, 2017 **|
|Mentor/AHA Mentee||February 10, 2017*||February 14, 2017 **|
|AHA Institutional Research Enhancement Award (AIREA)||February 10, 2017*||February 14, 2017 **|
|Grant-in-Aid||February 13, 2017*||February 17, 2017 **|
|Strategically Focused - AHA Children's Research Network||February 17, 2017*||February 21, 2017 **|
* ORSP must approve the FINALIZED PAF before we can submit the AHA online application.
** Please be advised that ORSP offices close at 5 p.m. EST, regardless of sponsor deadline or time zone. All proposals must be routed to ORSP no later than 4 p.m. EST to ensure timely processing.
AHA applicants must be American Heart Association Professional Members. See details on Membership Application Fees.
Managing Project Representative
Peter J. Gerard
Associate Director Grants & Contracts
- The AHA proposal submission process is completed online by the project team or principal investigator (PI) at the same time as routing a Proposal Approval Form (PAF). ORSP must approve the finalized PAF before we can submit the AHA online application. Please see above chart for ORSP deadlines.
- Please enter the following individuals in the Institutional Personnel section: Tom Zdeba and Peter Gerard
- In the PAF, you will need to upload the opportunity-specific guidelines where the indirect costs are listed (choose from the PDFs provided above) and The Applicant Information Guide.
- Include the below information in the Sponsor Contact Information in eRPM:
American Heart Association
7272 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75231
- For questions on preparing your application, proposal or submission, please direct them to your department's Research Administrator
- If you have any questions on the application process, please contact your ORSP Private Team Project Representative.