You are here
Research projects funded by many sponsors require that the project data be made available to the public. Data use agreements (DUAs) can be forwarded to ORSP for processing via eResearch Proposal Management's (eRPM's) unfunded agreement (UFA) system.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Projects Data Research Specialist, Alex Kanous, supports University investigators and research administrators with questions about data sharing.
The ORSP Data Research Specialist can provide guidance in drafting data sharing plans, data use agreements (DUA), and data management plans particularly for data consortia in which U-M is a member or a coordinating center.
Data Use agreements could include:
- Data sharing agreements
- Data license agreements
- Access agreements
- Business Associate Agreements (BAA)
The ORSP Data Research Specialist can assist faculty, units and U-M administrators with:
- Monitoring current trends in technology usage, e.g., uses of cloud computing for research data.
- Monitoring federal and state regulatory and policy changes affecting research data sharing
- Review and advising about data sharing considerations in IRB applications.
- Cross-unit data sharing policies, procedures and agreements.
- Educating about data sharing.
- Promoting best practices for data sharing.
- Transfer of data that is non-public or is otherwise subject to restrictions on its use.