You are here
This page contains an overview and descriptions of useful programs and workshops to support those in research and research administration.
eRPM Proposal Preparation and Unit Review - Registration Open!
Description: This instructor-led, hands-on training session covers the process of preparing and submitting proposals using the eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM) system, including Grants.gov. In this course, participants will:
- Use eRPM to create and edit a PAF (Proposal Approval Form).
- Demonstrate the system skill and process knowledge to finalize, validate, and route a proposal for approval, including high-level explanations of PAF workflow, review processes, and proposal submission methods.
- Learn how to use the system to communicate with others and view past transactions.
There is a limit of 12 seats per class, and with our new registration process, you will have the option to choose "Add Me to the Waitlist" if the class is full.
Session Dates :
- July 16, 2015 - Training Room 3
- August 20, 2015 - Training Room 3
- September 17, 2015 - Training Room 3
- October 15, 2015 - Training Room 3
- November 19, 2015 - Training Room 3
(Participants must complete the prerequisite course (eRPM Proposal Approval Form (PAF) Online Course) prior to attending.)
The University requests applications for the second year of the Research Administration Mentoring Program (RAMP↑), a unique mentoring program for research administrators. Individuals involved in this program will have an opportunity to build important relationships within the University and enhance their professional growth.
The time commitment for this program requires a minimum of one hour, in-person communication per month, over a period of nine months, from September through May. Mentor training and orientation for both mentors and mentees will be held in September 2015.
The deadline for mentor and mentee applications is Tuesday, July 7, 2015. Interested participants are required to fill out one of the following applications: mentor application or mentee application materials. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
~ Robert E. Burroughs, Director Research Administration U-M 1968
U-M Workshops and Training
Since early 2014, ORSP has been running limited research administration workshops while we reevaluate and assess training. We are offering only the eRPM Proposal Preparation and Unit Review Class on a monthly basis from now until December 2014.
- Descriptions of all of the training past training opportunities by ORSP and Sponsored Programs.