You are here
- A-Z Index and Glossary
- Facilities and Administrative Costs (F&A)
Facilities and Administrative Costs (F&A)
F&A, also known as "indirect costs" or overhead (e.g., electricity, central administrative services), are the real costs of university operations which are not readily assignable to a particular project. F&A rates are determined by the Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR Part 220, "Cost Principles for Educational Institutions."
- Budget and Cost Resources
- Class Codes and Definitions for Sponsored Awards
- DHHS DS-2 Approval Letter for F&A Cost Approvals Federal guidelines require the university to maintain an approved disclosure statement (DS-2) on file with the Department of Health and Human Services. The DS-2 is a description of the university's accounting and management practices. Universities submit it along with F&A cost proposals.
- Direct vs. F&A Costs
- Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Costs & Rates
- Full Recovery of Facilities & Administrative Costs
- Indirect Costs(F&A) (Finance-Sponsored Programs site)
- SOP 200.02 Indirect Cost Recovery and Waivers May 1, 2014
- Uniform Guidance Monitored Costs