- 3 Key Steps to Disclose in M-Inform Describes and illustrates the top three actions disclosers need to do within M-Inform to successfully submit their outside activity disclosures. (PDF) Last updated: 06/15/2021
- M-Inform Disclosure Questions (Sample) [PDF] Sample of the M-Inform disclosure form as of 07/01/2023, displaying all the pages, questions and conditional sub-questions one may see when reporting a new outside activity. Use this resource to become oriented to M-Inform. DO NOT use to submit disclosure information. Last updated 06/16/2023.
- Maintaining Department Information in M-Inform Instructions to assign M-Inform roles (e.g., unit reviewers of outside activities disclosures for the unit, division, department, or an individual) and send M-Inform reminder emails to disclose to individuals. (ITS) Last Updated: 06/29/20.
- Outside Activity Disclosure Guidance Lists the types of activities, relationships, and interests that investigators at the University of Michigan should and should not disclose as an outside interest in M-Inform. Last Updated: 06/19/2023
- Prepare/Update a Disclosure for Another in M-Inform M-Inform instructions for proxies (i.e., unit assistants) to data enter outside activity disclosures for another U-M discloser. (ITS) Last updated: 06/13/23.
- Respond to a COI Management Plan (for conflicted individual) M-Inform instructions to access and respond to (i.e., accept) a Management Plan for a COI situation.
- Review an Outside Interest Disclosure in M-Inform M-Inform instructions to review outside activity disclosures on behalf of the discloser's U-M unit, division, or department. (ITS) Last Updated: 04/12/23.
- Review and Respond to a COI Management Plan (for ombudsperson, monitor, etc.) M-Inform instructions to view and respond to the COI Management Plan as an individual with an oversight role in the unit for the conflict situtation.
- Reviewer Demonstration Video demonstration with audio of the Unit Reviewer Action Center in M-Inform, including the Reviewer workspace, tabs, and functions (e.g., approve/return a disclosure, send reminder emails) (5:02). Last updated: 06/25/2020.
- Submit an Outside Interest Disclosure in M-Inform Instructions to add a new oustide activity disclosure to M-Inform, edit previous disclosures, remove outside activity disclosures, and restore previously inactive outside activity disclosures. (ITS) Last Updated: 06/22/23.
- Submit Information for a Research Initiated Certification Instructions for a discloser to answer a series of follow-up questions regarding an outside interest disclosure from a COI Office using M-Inform.
- Submit Information for the Annual Review of your COI Management Plan (for conflicted individual) M-Inform instructions to access, answer, and submit the Annual Review questionnaire for a conflict of interest situation.
- Submit the Annual Review Response for a COI Management Plan (for ombudsperson, monitor, etc. M-Inform instructions for individuals in an oversight role (e.g., ombudsperson) to access, answer, and submit the Annual Review of a conflict of interest situation.
- U-M Reviewers: Points to Consider [PDF] U-M guidelines and tips for those who review outside interest disclosures for their unit. Last updated: 05/24/2022.
- Update Your Company Profile in M-Inform Instructions to enter information about your start-up company in M-Inform. This information is required for the conflict of interest review at U-M when someone options, licenses, distributes, or commercializes intellectual property developed at the university.
No Cost Time Extension
Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research. http://www.michr.umich.edu/home.
Michigan Research Library Network
During the project life-cycle, Awards can be changed for the following reasons:
- Incremental Funding
- Change to PI/Key Personnel
- No Cost Extension
- Budget Changes/Corrections
If ORSP determines that an Award Change Request should be a modification, ORSP will create an Award Modification. It will have its own ID (AWD000000-MOD000). The Award state will become Modification in Progress.
Tracking Award Modifications
Memorandum of Understanding
Michigan Chapter of Society of Research Administrators
Modified Total Direct Costs. The basis on which most U-M indirect costs are calculated (calculated as total costs minus equipment, tuition, patient care costs, and the portion of a sub-contract in excess of $25,000).
Materials Transfer Form